Date:      Sat, 12 Jul 2003 10:20:04 +1000 (EST)
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        Jens Schweikhardt <schweikh@schweikhardt.net>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: -I/usr/include and aic7xxxx

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003, Jens Schweikhardt wrote:

> until now I thought that a buildworld/buildkernel is self contained
> in /usr/src (no sources or headers pulled in from outside /usr/src).
> Grepping my latest current build logs, this is what I get:
>
> $ fgrep -- -I/usr/include mk-bk-07-09-2119
> cc -O -pipe -mcpu=i686 -nostdinc -I/usr/include -I. -I/share/src/HEAD/sys/dev/aic7xxx/aicasm     -c /share/src/HEAD/sys/dev/aic7xxx/aicasm/aicasm.c
> Shouldn't this be -I/usr/src/include instead of -I/usr/include?

It should be more like <nothing>.  aicasm runs on the host, so it should
be compiled with the host headers wherever they are.  If they are not
in /usr/include, then the above is broken.  But -I/usr/include is needed
to recover from -nostdinc.  -nostdinc is either a vestige of historical
foot-shooting or needed for "-I. -I/share/src/HEAD/sys/dev/aic7xxx/aicasm"
to work right.  I'm not sure which.

Bruce