Date:      Mon, 03 Feb 2003 18:24:21 -0800
From:      Johnson David <DavidJohnson@Siemens.com>
To:        Haikal Saadh <wyldephyre2@yahoo.com>, freebsd-advocacy <freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Is FreeBSD Ready for the Desktop?

On Monday 03 February 2003 06:06 pm, Haikal Saadh wrote:

> So in summary, I like to say: The OS is capable of making a good
> desktop, but the minute it starts to ship with good packages, we're
> talking.

Hmmm, I wonder how Windows succeeded then. I understand your point, but the
lack of additional third party software on the install CD hasn't hindered
Microsoft any. Is this just a matter of having to be twice as good as Windows
to get half the attention?

Maybe someone could make a "Desktop FreeBSD" CD, with various useful and
popular packages for the desktop user. Sort of one CD version of the Toolkit
geared towards desktop users.

David Johnson