Date:      Mon, 18 Aug 2014 12:55:49 +0000
From:      Antoine Delvaux <antoine@delvaux.net>
To:        Per Hedeland <per@hedeland.org>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: VirtualBox in 9.3-RELEASE

Le 18 ao=FBt 2014 =E0 06:27, Per Hedeland <per@hedeland.org> a =E9crit :

> Antoine Delvaux <antoine@delvaux.net> wrote:
>>=20
>> I've been using VirtualBox for 2 years under 9.1 and 9.2 and it was =
working pretty well.  About a week ago I upgraded to 9.3-RELEASE and =
since then VirtualBox refuses to run and crashes my server as soon as I =
start a VM.
>>=20
>> I'm using version 4.3.12 coming from the pkg repository.  All my =
packages are up to date.  I'm unable to find any information about the =
crash I face as my server/host is rebooting a few seconds after I try to =
launch any VM.
>=20
> Are you also using virtualbox-ose-kmod from the pkg repository? If so,
> try building the port for that (you can still use pkg for
> virtualbox-ose). At least that fixed the same problem for me - and I
> guess it is obvious in hindsight that the repository build of the =
kernel
> module won't be in sync with the RELEASE kernel.

Thanks, that solved it indeed!

I had tried compiling the modules a few days ago, but my kernel source =
files were still the ones from 9.2 I guess.  Mixing binary and locally =
compiled packages requires a bit more maintenance.

Antoine.