Date:      Wed, 19 Nov 1997 19:58:43 -0800 (PST)
From:      Guna Ramireddy <guna@indo-networks.com>
To:        akl@wup.de, amr@wup.de
Cc:        isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RIP vs. OSPF

NT supports routing protocols including RIP(V1 and V2) and OSPF.
But you need get the Steelhead software from MS. You can freely
download it from their website, and install it on an NT "server" 4.0

We have been using NT running RIP and OSPF for our small network
for months. It has been working surprisingly well. Note, this is for
small to midsize networks only. If you don't expect to use fancy
routing features, I would use an NT instead of  a cisco 4500, you can
save a lot of money there.

We are impressed with the functionality it delivers, without spending
a penny(ofcourse, you need to have an NT server 4.0)

GR