Date:      Sat, 06 Jul 1996 11:47:08 -0400
From:      Jerry Alexandratos <alexandr@louie.udel.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Port of Binutils 2.6?

All this talk about porting has got me wondering.  Is there a port of
GNU binutils-2.6 running around out there?  I know that some of the
older binutils are in /usr/src/gnu, but anything for the binutils
package specifically?

If not, has anyone had any experience with this?  How well does it
compile out of the box?  Where should I look to patch it?  Etc...

In case anyone is wondering, I'm using 2.1.0 on a P75.  I just installed
the new gcc-2.7.2p as well.

If you need more info please let me know.

Thanks in advance...

        --Jerry

8) Jerry Alexandratos          % - %   "Nothing inhabits my    (8
8) alexandr@louie.udel.edu     % - %    thoughts, and oblivion (8
8) darkstar@strauss.udel.edu   % - %    drives my desires."    (8