Date:      Wed, 29 Oct 2008 13:07:43 -0400
From:      "Gabriel Lavoie" <glavoie@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   gmirror + gjournal setup question

Hello,
     I would like to know what is the best way to setup gmirror + gjournal,
on a slice level on two hard drives. Do I set up a mirrored journal
partition + mirrored journalized slice (gmirror on top of gjournal) on which
I create my labels with bsdlabels (will create /dev/mirror/name.journal,
/dev/mirror/name.journala, /dev/mirror/name.journalb). Or I setup a
journalized slice on both hard drive and then I mirror /dev/ad0s1.journal
and /dev/ad1s1.journal (gjournal on top of gmirror)? I have hard time to
figure out what would be the best, if I want to avoid mirror rebuild on
power failure and I want fast fsck. I'd also like to make this setup on my
1st slice (which contains the root filesystem).

Thanks

Gabriel

--
Gabriel Lavoie