Date:      Thu, 17 Oct 2002 01:43:10 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Josh Tolbert <hemi@scoundrelz.net>
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Machine Check when booting dqa0?

Hi again,
	I've managed to get FreeBSD installed (twice) on two separate IDE
drives. Unfortunately, when I go to boot the IDE drives, I get a Machine
Check halt. I'm not sure why I'm having a problem booting from the drive,
cause FreeBSD installs to the drive just fine.
	Both drives are WDs (ugh, I don't like WDs, but it's what I had
laying around) of the 3.2G and 6.4G variety. The device (dqa0) shows up
along with the CD-ROM drive when I do a "show devices," but there's no
device model number or name like the CD-ROM's entry has.
	I'm going to try moving the hard drive to the secondary channel
and using the CD-ROM on the primary channel to see if that makes any
difference, but I'm open to other suggestions.

Thanks,
Josh