Date:      Mon, 27 Apr 1998 21:40:55 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Harlan Stenn <Harlan.Stenn@pfcs.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bin/6353

> In one directory of the distribution, two binaries are built.  One goes
> into /usr/bin, the other in /usr/sbin/.  These two programs use the same
> set of .o files plus a unique .o (for main).  Do I hafta split these out
> into usr.bin/oneofem and usr.sbin/theother?

Yeah, I'm afraid so.  You don't have to rebuild all those .o files
though - simply VPATH one of the program's Makefiles at the ${.OBJDIR}
for the other point.

> Second, there's a "scripts" directory that has about 11 scripts and a
> sample config file.  Can somebody point me at how I need to handle these?

Make a subdirectory and a Makefile with your own all and install targets?
Simpler than splitting them into seperate subdirs, that's for sure.

				 Jordan