Date:      Tue, 22 Jun 1999 17:49:34 -0600
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        Duncan Barclay <dmlb@ragnet.demon.co.uk>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Restaurants (was: FreeBSD Con)

At 07:59 AM 6/23/99 +0930, Greg Lehey wrote:

 >Well, I grew up in Malaysia, where Southern Indian food predominates
>(and the locals think you can make it Northern Indian by adding
>cream), and Pasand isn't very close.

I think the thing is just that Southern India is very big. Cooking
styles vary by province and city. For instance, in some places,
sambhar has tamarind or cocoanut or asfoetida; in other places, it
doesn't.

Pasand uses the authentic recipes of a Southern Indian family. A
couple of brothers came over and started the first one; the rest of
the family followed. It's a great entrepreneurial success story.

--Brett