Date:      Tue, 13 Mar 2001 09:43:05 +0100 (CET)
From:      Soren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>
To:        imp@harmony.village.org (Warner Losh)
Cc:        sos@FreeBSD.ORG, mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: iomega clik!

It seems Warner Losh wrote:
> In message <200103130740.IAA63705@freebsd.dk> Soren Schmidt writes:
> : Thats why I have this in the patch:
> :
> : @@ -423,5 +452,8 @@
> :      int8_t ccb[16] = { ATAPI_PREVENT_ALLOW, 0, 0, 0, lock,
> :                        0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0 };
> :
> : -    return atapi_queue_cmd(fdp->atp, ccb, NULL, 0, 0,30, NULL, NULL);
> : +    if (!strncmp(ATA_PARAM(fdp->atp->controller, fdp->atp->unit)->model,
> : +                "IOMEGA Clik!", 12))
> : +       return 0;
> : +    return atapi_queue_cmd(fdp->atp, ccb, NULL, 0, 0, 30, NULL, NULL);
> :  }
>
> That part of the patch didn't make it to me here.  Do you really want
> to do a string compare for every prevent_allow command?  I'd half way
> expected you to have some kind of quirk table incase iomega comes out
> with other, newer weirder drives :-).  But if that's how you want to
> do it, then that should work.

Since IOMEGA has decided to make crappy firmware, I guess they deserve
this :) BTW does the clik really have the transfer size limit as well ?
At any rate I dont think the strcmp matters, all the atapi-fd type devices
are painfully slow anyhow ...

Somebody should put IOMEGA out of their misery....

-Søren