Date:      Sat, 24 May 2003 07:01:09 +0000
From:      "clayton rollins" <crollins666@hotmail.com>
To:        f2b@atribuna.com.br
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Doubts

>On Sat, 24 May 2003 Thiago Silva Conceição <f2b@atribuna.com.br> wrote:
>

>Hi,
<snipped>

>- There is an annoying thing on emacs. The backspace button doesn't work as
>it usually do on other systems (erasing the last typed character). How do I
>change this?
>
>Best regards,
>Thiago

Internal to emacs, you can use 'M-x global-set-key' (meta-x; type the rest).
If that works, you may be able to fix it by adding a similar line to your
~/.emacs file:
(global-set-key "\d" 'backward-delete-char)   <- exactly like that. (though
you may have to replace the \d with the appropriate keycode.)

emacs has extensive builtin help, and offers a variety of suggestions on
fixing this...

Peace,
Clayton