Date:      Wed, 3 Jun 2009 07:45:50 +0530
From:      Anuj Singh <anujhere@gmail.com>
To:        madunix <madunix@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Open_Source

On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 8:42 PM, madunix <madunix@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Experts,
>
> I want to know out of your experience people the following,
> 1- How open source served your businesses =A0requirements?
Better performance, stability & savings.

> 2- What kind of application that running on Open Source?
I've seen many, mail servers, DNS servers, Cluster (HA), mysql,
apache, tomact, snort, nessus, long list, you want it you get it. Most
recent is a proxy server which is working great over FreeBSD and is
far far better than the any other $MS based server.

> 3- General experience with Open Source technology?
Satisfaction.
Easy support available, there are many great people who can always
help you out, you don't have to sit and wait for the support from a
bunch of people, where you really can't get what's happening, you
don't have the code. Open source Do as it says. It's wonderful, and as
good as it's user.