Date:      Fri, 7 Feb 1997 00:28:26 -0500
From:      Tommy Johnson <tjohnson@csgrad.cs.vt.edu>
To:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   More than one SoundBlaster?

I am attempting to install 2 SoundBlaster 16 cards in my FreeBSD box.
The first attempt, with sb0 and sb1 devices in the config file failed
miserably.  I looked at the source, and can understand why, all the
board state info is in global variables, instead of a per-card struct.

Before I attempt to fix that problem (with much agony...), has anyone
else fixed it?  I was looking at the OSS and OSS/Free WWW site
(http://www.4front-tech.com/ossfree/index.html) which says they will be
releasing the FreeBSD version "soon".  What is FreeBSD's relation to
4front tech and/or OSS?  (and do they fix this problem?  though asking
them would probably be more effective...)

Anyway, if you would like to try the sound editor I'm attempting to
write/set this up for, its at http://csgrad.cs.vt.edu/~tjohnson/sampo/.

Plan B: I also have a Gravis Ultrasound, which I would use except
that it dosn't sample at the right frequency (setting it for 44.1KHz
does not get you 44.1KHz audio).  Does anyone have a fix for that
problem?

Software: I'm running FreeBSD-Current as of about mid December with the SMP
/usr/src/sys subtree (which is not compatable with current -current,
last time I checked about 2 weeks ago.).

Thanks in Advance for any help...

-Tom  "Please explain to me the scientific nature of the Wammie." -Scully
tjohnson@csREMOVEgrad.cs.vt.edu remove the REMOVEs... (avoid address sniffers)
http://csREMOVEgrad.cs.vt.edu/~tjohnson/  Commercial email is unwelcome.
Message and signature (c) 1997 Tommy O. Johnson, all rights reserved