Date:      Thu, 27 Apr 2000 17:54:41 -0500
From:      "Doug Poland" <dpoland@execpc.com>
To:        "Bush Doctor" <dervish@goku.cl.msu.edu>
Cc:        <freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Linux sybase library

> > > You're missing a library that either apache or php needed to
> > > be linked against so the run time loader could access it.
> > > You don't say, but do you have the linux compatibility module installed?
> > > Did you build apache from ports or by hand?
> > >

> > Yes, I have the linux compatibility module installed.
> > The proof is sybase runs.
> >
> > The library /usr/lib/libcs.so was installed from the
> > sybase rpm.  The file in /usr/lib is a symbolic link
> > to /opt/sybase/lib.
> >
> > I actually installed apache from the package
> > apache-php3-1.3.4.  I tried building apache
> > from apache source but failed miserablly.  Since
> > the package is compiled with DSO, I figured I
> > could make a php DSO using php3 from php.net
> >

> When you built php, did you configure it with sysbase
> database support?  Did you also link php against libcs.so?
> (i.e. with -lcs)

Yes, with sybase support, here's the command line...
   # ./configure \
   ? --with-sybase-ct=$SYBASE \
   ? --with-apxs=/usr/local/sbin/apxs

I did NOT link php against libcs.so. So should my
configure look like this?

   # ./configure \
   ? --with-sybase-ct=$SYBASE \
   ? --with-apxs=/usr/local/sbin/apxs \
   ? --with-lcs

> > Would having the linux_devel package installed
> > make any difference?  I tried it once but gcc
> > failed immediately.
> >

> No this is only necessary if you're developing linux
> apps or tools on freebsd ...

Good, it takes up a lot of precious disk space.
I can't try it until tomorrow morning.  I hope this
works, I've started loading SuSE linux on another
box just in case :(

--
Doug