Date:      Mon, 20 Aug 2001 14:13:44 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in>
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PC-card modems

In message <20010820220820.A87388@lpt.ens.fr> Rahul Siddharthan writes:
: I guess what I'm asking is, supposing I get a (16-bit, say) modem
: which is not a winmodem but is not listed in pccard.conf, is it likely
: that I can get it to work?

99.9%

: Or, suppose it works under linux, is it likely to work under FreeBSD?

Yes.  It almost certainly will work on FreBSD.  Modems are such a dime
a dozen thing that I have very few problem modems in my collection.
Other than the few token modems people have given me over the years,
all of the "trouble makers" are part of combo cards.

Warner