Date:      Fri, 10 Apr 1998 16:57:22 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Alex <garbanzo@hooked.net>
To:        Johan Larsson <johan@moon.pp.se>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Mozilla CVS repository, OK give it a shot.

On 10 Apr 1998, Johan Larsson wrote:

> Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com> wrote:
>
> >> After the dust settles we need
> >>
> >> 1. http://www.freebsd.org/Mozilla web page
> >> 	The Power to Serve Mozilla world wide
> >> 	a pointer to the  nice long list of world wide freebsd sup servers
> >>
> >> 2. quick intructions on what the fields
> >> 	base
> >> 	prefix
> >> 	release
> >>
> >> 3. in the same page an html pointer to an html version of cvsup
> >
> > 3.5.	Access to binaries for cvsup for various platforms.
>
> This is one important thing, i know people that runs for example linux and
> don't want to install modula-3. They just want simple binaries (i have not
> been able to find one for linux for example).

Exactly.  I remember going through this when Stephan Coolo was setting up
cvsup for the KDE crowd.  Apparently he did a little digging (after giving
up on trying to compile it on Solaris) and found some Solaris and Linux
binaries (15.2 though).  The url and some setup instructions for cvsup
(albeit for KDE) are available at http://www.kde.org/cvsup.html

- alex

"We are upping our standards ... so up yours."
  - Pat Paulsen for US of A Prez, 1988.