Date:      Fri, 30 Aug 2002 08:26:33 -0700
From:      richard childers <fscked@pacbell.net>
To:        Boris Gelfand <bg@cse.msu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Thinkpad 600E sound in 4.6-Stable?

Boris Gelfand wrote:

> Hello all!  A bit of archive searching has hinted quite
> often at CS4610/11 sound chips working in FreeBSD-4 with
> a bit of tweaking.  I've had no luck.
>
> Machine: Thinkpad 600E 366mhz, 2645-4AU.  DOS-mode PS2
> config for audio at port 530, irq 5, dma 0, dma 1,
> sb port 220.  (If anyone needs a bootable ISO-image
> with the IBM ps2 config utilities, let me know --
> running a FreeBSD-only shop is a pain at times ;).

I've had success with the following (excerpted from sb(4), pcm(4) and sbc(4)) :

device snd0
device sb0 at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1
device sbxvi0 at isa? drq 5
device sbmidi0 at isa? port 0x300

Good luck ...

-- richard

--

Richard A Childers/KG6HAC -- Senor UNIX System & Network Administrator
"Dont forget nothing." Maj Rogers, standing orders, 1st Ranger Bn, 1759