Date:      Mon, 15 Jul 2002 17:32:23 -0400
From:      Tom Rhodes <trhodes@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Marc Fonvieille <blackend@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: docs/40609: Add information about vchans to sound chapter in handbook

On Mon, 15 Jul 2002 22:14:03 +0200
Marc Fonvieille <blackend@FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 15, 2002 at 03:51:00PM -0400, Tom Rhodes wrote:
> [...]
> >
> > You may be capable of mergeing the total output from both
> > contributers into one large patch and new chapter.  Hope I've helped
> > a bit ;)
> >
> This PR needs some work before being added to anything, cause it could
> change some things on troubleshooting part., and it'd only be addition
> so the merge would not be difficult.
>
> Concerning multimedia chapter, i'm not sure a chapter is a good idea,
> cause i can easily imagine the future *bloat*.
>
> A big part with many chapters would be easier to manage and to
> upgrade. For example, just about scanners and others digital cams a
> chapter could be written. Also, i really think that sound should keep
> is own chapter(Midi, sound recording can be added...); video needs his
> own chapter too cause there are many thing to add (TV cards etc...).
> And even a "misc." chapter can be added for little things.
>
> So I think about:
>
> Multimedia Part:
> 	Ch. sound
> 	Ch. video
> 	Ch. scanners
> 	Ch. misc.
>
> What do everyone think about that?
>
> Marc

Ut oh...  I see that everlasting neverending, only silenced debate
about splitting the handbook on its way.  For things like this,
I think we could use 2 books, basic and advanced.  Time to hide now!

(removed cc: keramida, this can stay with you, I, and the -doc group)

--
Tom (Darklogik) Rhodes
www.FreeBSD.org  -The Power To Serve