Date:      Sun, 10 May 1998 22:57:46 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mike Bresina <mike@bridge.millstream.net>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: chain letter proposal

On Sun, 10 May 1998, Garance A Drosihn wrote:

> Well, I don't want to come off as a constant wet-blanket in this
> mailing list, but I'd also note that we (RPI) specifically tell
> everyone at RPI not to forward chain-letters.  Not even for good
> causes, such as the poor child who's dieing and just wants to
> get in the guiness book of world records for having received the
> most postcards.
>
> Now, I realize you're not trying to make a true chain letter here,
> but the subject on this thread has me a little uneasy...   :-)

Another problem with this approach is that using intrusive techniques
(which unsolicited email is) tends to position one's product as being
of poor quality at best; it's generally outright scams that need to
be marketed in this manner.

Mike Bresina           (mike@vsat.net)
System Administrator
Intellicom Customer Service Center