Date:      Mon, 4 Jun 2001 09:34:09 -0600
From:      Peter <fbsdq@yahoo.com>
To:        alexdimauro@worldnet.att.net, freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re:

On 06/04/2001 9:18:40 AM, "Alexander DiMauro" is quoted as saying:

. . . .|Could someone please clarify something?
. . . .|
. . . .|Here is a quote from the FreeBSD-Newbies First Aid Kit:
. . . .|
. . . .|"FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.ORG is the place to send all questions about
. . . .|   installing, configuring, running and using FreeBSD. All help requests
. . . .|   are handled by FreeBSD-Questions, including newbies questions.
. . . .|
. . . .|   FreeBSD-Newbies is different. We don't ask for help or answer how-to
. . . .|   questions. It is a discussion forum for newbies."
. . . .|
. . . .|And now, here is a quote from FreeBSD-Questions:
. . . .|
. . . .|"FREEBSD-QUESTIONS               User questions
. . . .|This is the mailing list for questions about FreeBSD.  You should not
. . . .|send "how to" questions to the _technical *lists*_ unless you consider the
. . . .|question to be pretty technical."
. . . .|
	Look at underlines above:
Notice the plural?

I understand that as:

Don't send how-to questions to -net or -isp or -hardware, but instead send
how-to's to -questions.  If your topic is really techincal [ie I'm writing
a device for foo NIC, need some help with this part...here is  my code
...this needs to be sent to -hardware or -net] but, 'Does foo NIC work
in FreeBSD?' does not go to -hardware, but to -questions.

www.nul.cjb.net
www.FreeBSD.org