Date:      Fri, 24 Sep 1999 03:04:46 -0500
From:      "G. Adam Stanislav" <adam@whizkidtech.net>
To:        Joey Garcia <gummibear@mediaone.net>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 32BitsOnline - More than one way to compute?

At 07:14 23-09-1999 -0700, Joey Garcia wrote:
>Anyways, here's my gripe. Okay, if they are claiming that there is more
>than one way to compute, then why is this site so Linux focused? Why not
>have more articles or links to other articles (ala Slashdot) to topics
>other than Linux.  Maybe topics based on *BSD, Mac OS X, Solaris, AIX, or
>whatever?

Hi, Joey,

They probably do not know any better. Many Linux users think there are only
two ways to compute, Windows and Linux. Since Linux is generally marketed
as the alternative to Windows, I would say by the "one way" they mean Windows.

It is perfectly conceivable that whoever is behind the web site originally
knew of only one way - Windows, then discovered there indeed is more than
one way when they learned about Linux. But perhaps they are completely
unaware there are more than two ways. :-)

Adam