Date:      Sat, 10 Jan 2004 09:32:48 +0100
From:      "Daan Vreeken [PA4DAN]" <Danovitsch@Vitsch.net>
To:        Vladimir Terziev <vladimir.terziev@sun-fish.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: UNIX / BSD parallel port programming documentation

On Friday 09 January 2004 17:03, Vladimir Terziev wrote:
> Hi hackers,
>
> =09I have to develop small server which has to manage custom microcontr=
oller
> via parallel port interface.
> =09Does anyone know good manual/documentation about UNIX / BSD parallel=
 port
> programming ?
Most of it should already be on your system, have a look at the man-pages=
=2E
If you want to use the ppbus interface to control the port :
man lpt(4), ppbus(4) and ppi(4)

If you want to directly address the ports registers yourself without usin=
g the=20
driver interface :
man io(4) and have a look at /usr/include/machine/cpufunc.h

On FreeBSD you need to have opened /dev/io before your program is allowed=
 to=20
do direct IO to any device, and on Linux you need to successfully call=20
ioperm() first.

grtz,
Daan