Date:      Mon, 08 Jul 1996 19:07:09 -0700
From:      Darryl Okahata <darrylo@hpnmhjw.sr.hp.com>
To:        James Raynard <fdocs@jraynard.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Modifications to FAQ

> I'm currently working on a rewrite of the FAQ, with a view to
> re-structuring it and adding a lot more questions (and answers!).
> However, I've also done some cleaning-up on the existing FAQ:-

     Looks good.  Just some minor comments:

* These questions should be adjacent to each other:

	7.4. When I mount a CDROM, I get ``Incorrect super block''.
	7.9. When I mount a CDROM, I get ``Device not configured''.

* Regarding, "3.13. How can I add my new hard disk to my FreeBSD system?":
  You might want to mumble something to the effect that you must not
  select the boot manager option when adding a new hard disk (this is in
  sysinstall, right?).  To the uninitiated, it seems obvious that
  choosing the boot manager option will cause FreeBSD to boot from the
  new disk, but reality is something else ....  (Is this fixed in
  -current?)

     -- Darryl Okahata
	Internet: darrylo@sr.hp.com

constitute the support, opinion, or policy of Hewlett-Packard, or of the
little green men that have been following him all day.