Date:      Fri, 21 Jun 2002 08:37:11 -0400
From:      "Normand Leclerc" <leclercn@videotron.ca>
To:        <freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Serial console dying, 4.5 - 4.6

  Yes, I can see messages from echo to console and ttyd0 and I can see
kernel messages.

  What I don't understand is why would the machine fall in debug?  And I
don't see any abnormal reboots either (uptime is fine).  To get the
console back, a shutdown -r does fine.

  Oh, and yes, I have a PC164...  Actually a 164sx.

  The only thing I can find is that the host on which the serial console
is directed to is not always turned on.  My null modem has all the lines
(e.g. CTS/RTS/DTR)

Normand Leclerc

http://www.cosmo-project.de