Date:      Thu, 14 Dec 2000 10:11:03 +0200
From:      Victor Ivanov <v0rbiz@icon.bg>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Cc:        Tim McCullagh <timbo@halenet.com.au>
Subject:   Re: Merit radius and Mysql

--gBBFr7Ir9EOA20Yy

On Thu, Dec 14, 2000 at 05:35:47PM +1000, Tim McCullagh wrote:
> Hi
>=20
> Is anyone using merit radius and exporting the radius records directly to=
> mysql or postgres database.  If so can you point me in the direction to a=
ny
> documentation on how to do it

You can add an an AATV for the authentication, this part is quite easy,
although I don't know what type of AATV should be used. I'm using AATV_DIRE=
CT,
which blocks the daemon while you're checking passwords and etc. The AATV
cookbook is the documentation you need, and looking at the source of course.

For accounting purposes I guess you should hack the FSM table, but don't kn=
ow
a working solution. Currently I'm intercepting calls to the original functi=
on
and doing my stuff there (don't need that text detail files anyway).

I know there is working solution with MySQL which puts *all* configuration
files in tables. It's not ported to the freebsd ports collection yet, but y=
ou
can find it at freshmeat searching for radiusd-sql (and probably compile it
with minor fixes).

The other modification of radius which was recommended to me was ICRADIUS,
it's not ported to the collection too, but it is ported to FreeBSD. It uses
mysql and has nice web interface. Haven't tried that also :).

Hope this helps a bit...

--=20
Players win and Winners play
Have a lucky day