Date:      Mon, 1 Jul 2019 09:52:27 -0500
From:      Valeri Galtsev <galtsev@kicp.uchicago.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sendmail

On 2019-06-30 22:04, Albaro Pereyra wrote:
> I just wanted to emphasize the importance of security in an MTA.  That being said sendmail is archaic and there doesn’t seem to be any milestones to improve it.

I for one, whenever I have to run MTA on FreeBSD machine, use postfix.
And this goes for both: listening to localhost only or to external
interfaces.

Still, I'm OK with whatever MTA ships with the base system. Whatever
FreeBSD project team is happier to have integrated, my attitude is: let
them do it. Whoever wants things done differently has in the first place
compose the system distribution and maintain that securely for several
years oneself. I for one do realize I am not able to maintain my own
system distribution. So, I refrain from insisting the the system
maintainers should have these or those components instead of the ones
they decided to have. I invite everybody else to look at it from similar
point of view.

Valeri