Date:      Fri, 23 May 1997 22:26:47 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Tyrel Burton <tyrelb@surf.pangea.ca>
To:        Jack Wenger <info@bentreality.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Clients per Bandwidth

> I'm trying to figure out how many virtual domains to put on a 128 ISDN
> connected box. I've got a P133 w/ 64Mb ram, and a good fast SCSI subsystem.
> So, is there a decent way to figure out when I need to move up the bandwidth
> ladder?
> In other words, I wanna know how many concurrent requests I can handle. We
> DON'T have anyone dialing in, just hosting web sites.

You know the best way to figure it out? When your users start complaining,
upgrade! It might not be able to host that many sites though. :( ISDN is
faster than 28.8, but not as fast as T1. I think you can handle about 5
28.8 users. That is 5 28.8 users can load pages from you at the same time
without feeling "bad-lag". If the sites you're hosting aren't popular, you
can always add more. If people are allowed to download huge files (over
1MB), the bandwidth wouldn't be that big.

-----
Tyrel Burton
tyrelb@pangea.ca

	"I think there is a world market