Date:      Thu, 14 Jan 1999 19:57:06 -0800
From:      Joe Bissot <jblist@pcinternet.net>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   named server keeps locking

I had a NT workstation running software.com's bind it has worked flawlessly
for over a year. I switched the system to FreeBSD 2.2.8 and it is hanging.
The server will work for a while then it just hangs. The IP still responds
to pings but that is it. I'm not sure what else to do. I have reset and
even rebuilt the box but nothing changes. I don't have any great clues as
to what is happening as it just goes blank and poof its over. I'm going to
have to put NT back on to restore my uptime???? Is there a known problem
with 2.2.8 and named? I have a 2.2.7 CD maybe I will try that
instead....... ?????