Date:      Wed, 13 Sep 2006 11:55:06 -0400
From:      Michael Alestock <michaela@maa-net.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ath0: Device timeout

I'm trying to get my Atheros 5212 built-in wireless device working on my
Toshiba laptop.  I used the FreeBSD wireless networking documentation as
a guide.  My goal was to atleast get it connected to my SSID with no
encryption.

I was able to load the driver using, "kldload if_ath" and it detected
it.  However, when trying to associate it with my WAP and give it a
static IP address I got the following error message....

atho:  Device timeout

I've Googled high-n-low to find out what the cause of this error is, but
     every solution I've come across that worked for someone else didn't
work for me.

Any ideas???

Am I doing something wrong or missing something here??