Date:      Sun, 06 May 2001 05:16:44 -0400
From:      "Pedro F. Giffuni" <pfg1+@pitt.edu>
To:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Is Brett Glass to easy on RMS?

In the US the policy has been that of increasing the number of hours
in the work week. This has been done despite studies done in europe
with HP and Volkswagen where it was actually showed that hiring people
for half shifts increased productivity.

This situation is becoming standard in all industries, not just in
software or in Microsoft. The book "End of Work" mentions that all
this modern techniques of continuous improvement, are just ways in
which employees find better ways to be exploited. We are doomed.

	Pedro.