Date:      Wed, 9 Apr 2003 17:15:58 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Fred Clift <fclift@verio.net>
To:        Moritz Kiese <mbk@eikon.tum.de>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: XFree crashes AS 255 running 5.0-RELEASE

On Wed, 9 Apr 2003, Moritz Kiese wrote:

> - what really puzzles me, is that there is _no_ log about this.

You might try and build a debug verision of X (if you are very patient)
and turn on logging,

Oh, and do you have softupdates turned on on the drive that /var is on?
/var/log/XFree86.0.log mignt not be getting content because it is not yet
written before the box hangs.

Either tunefsing softupdates off or in a seperate window doing 'while 1
sync' (using the right syntax for your shell) might at least get you some
entries...

At least then you might have an idea of what is wrong.

Another thing you might do is comment out most of the modules in your
config file and see if that helps.

Also, you might try in the 'Device' section for the card putting

Option     "Int10" "False"

which I have to do on my miata with a Millenium II card...

Fred

--
Fred Clift - fclift@verio.net -- Remember: If brute
force doesn't work, you're just not using enough.