Date:      Wed, 3 Jan 2001 10:09:51 -0500
From:      Bill Vermillion <bill@bilver.wjv.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2 cisco's and a fbsd box running bgp

On Wed, Jan 03, 2001 at 05:49:05PM +1100, Kal Torak thus spoke:

> It would be pretty hard to beat a 7xxx cisco, but personally I think
> a well setup FreeBSD system can replace the lower end ciscos and save
> you a lot of money unless it breaks :O

OTOH - the FreeBSD system worked wonderfully when I threw in an
extra NIC and configured it as a router when the Cisco 7120 died.
Infant mortatility - lasted 15 days.  And that's sort of middle
price range on Crisco routers.

I still have FreeBSD set up so it can do it again if the need
arises - which hopefully it wont.

Bill
--
Bill Vermillion -   bv @ wjv . com