Date:      Sun, 31 Aug 1997 10:37:53 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
To:        "Mark W. Krentel" <krentel@cs.rice.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: doc-all collection

On Sat, 30 Aug 1997, Mark W. Krentel wrote:

> 1. First, is doc-all like ports-all, where I use tag=. even though
> I use RELENG_2_2 for the sources?  For example, the online handbook

Yes.  The motivation for moving these docs out of the source tree
was get away from the branches which were a headache because all
three branches needed to be kept in sync.

> 2. I can build and install the docs by cd'ing to /usr/doc/{FAQ,handbook}
> and running "make ; make install".  Didn't this used to be part of
> make world when they were in /usr/src/share/doc?

Yes.

> Should it be again?

No.  The consumer packaging for these will ultimately be as part
of the ports collection.

> 3. I noticed the CVS repository has /usr/doc/Makefile, but only for
> HEAD.  Should there also be a RELENG_2_2 version?

Um... Are you sure the directory there is right?  That doesn't
make sense.

-john