Date:      Tue, 14 Dec 2004 06:50:29 GMT
From:      "Keith Kelly" <c0d3h4x0r@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-i386@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: i386/61890: [fdisk] FDisk uses incorrect calculations for disk geometry gues

The following reply was made to PR i386/61890; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Keith Kelly" <c0d3h4x0r@hotmail.com>
To: jacques.lareau@adfdiesel.com, freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 22:46:24 -0800

 >I get the exact same problem but with different hardware, but the mainboard
 >is also a MSI.
 >
 >Jacques Lareau
 >Responsable Informatique
 >ADF Diesel (Montréal) Inc
 >514-336-8371 ext. : 206

 Well, that's nice and all, but the FreeBSD developers seem to be completely
 uninterested in solving the problem, opting instead to blame the hardware
 (even though all other OSes I've thrown at this hardware work on it just
 fine).  Imagine that -- sticking your head in the sand and pretending a
 problem doesn't exist doesn't actually fix anything!  Amazing!

 I dumped FreeBSD in favor of adding more file storage space to my existing
 Windows XP system, and haven't looked back.

 - Keith F. Kelly