Date:      Wed, 3 Apr 1996 10:59:11 -0600
From:      Tony Kimball <alk@Think.COM>
To:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   America the Beautiful

>  Canada is in America as much as Switzerland or France is in Germay.

*Brazil* is in America.

Canada is in America as much as Poland is in Europe.  Poland is not
a part of the European Union, but is firmly situated on its the
Continet of Europe.

If you disagree, it is only because we speak different dialects of
English.  Similarly, the Mexican reference to US denizens as
'Norte Americanos' is silly, in a naive translation to Network
English, the dialect of most English-speaking readers of this missive.

The more interesting question to me personally is how long *Minnesota*
will remain a part of the Union.  (Not long I hope.  Better a dead
lion than a dead jackal -- or slave, eh?  I hope for a new union with
Dakota, Manitoba, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Montana, Wyoming and Idaho,
in my lifetime.)

(Apposite redirections applied.  Through the Dragus Ex Machina of BCC;-)

Oh, and ob FBSD: Might Walnut Creek seceed?  Then FBSD could issue its
own money, send ambassadors to Finland.  Hey, why not issue FBSD ecash
before that?