Date:      Mon, 22 Dec 2014 20:49:20 +0100
From:      Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Cc:        riggs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   mplayer-1.1 crashing on MP4 (and other files)

Hello,

I'm running HEAD r269739 (from August this year) and ports from r364424.
All packages are built on some other host and installed with pkg(8) on
my Acer netbook. Re/ mplayer it is:

$ pkg info | fgrep mplayer
mplayer-1.1.r20140418_4        High performance media player supporting many formats
mplayer-skins-1.1.3_2          Skins for MPlayer's Graphical User Interface (GUI)

Mplayer is crashing on certain files, for example MP4 files downloaded
from youtube, for example the one below. I know that older versions on
mplayer (i.e. before updating to r269739 / r364424) could play them.

What should I do? Re-compile mplayer (only) direct on the Acer and not
install it as pkg? Thanks for any ideas.

	matthias

$ mplayer Acer\ C720\ Chromebook\ SSD\ Upgrade\ MyDigitalSSD\ 128GB--jOHHyJMgWk.mp4
MPlayer SVN-r37153-snapshot-3.4.1 (C) 2000-2014 MPlayer Team

Playing Acer C720 Chromebook SSD Upgrade MyDigitalSSD 128GB--jOHHyJMgWk.mp4.
libavformat version 55.37.100 (internal)
libavformat file format detected.

MPlayer interrupted by signal 10 in module: demux_open
- MPlayer crashed. This shouldn't happen.
  It can be a bug in the MPlayer code _or_ in your drivers _or_ in your
  gcc version. If you think it's MPlayer's fault, please read
  DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports.html and follow the instructions there. We can't and
  won't help unless you provide this information when reporting a possible bug.

--
Matthias Apitz, guru@unixarea.de, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-170-4527211
1989-2014: The Wall was torn down so that we go to war together again.