Date:      Sun, 23 Apr 1995 13:42:17 +0800 (CST)
From:      Brian Tao <taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw>
To:        Greg Watson <G.Watson@gu.edu.au>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Case for FreeBSD presentation docs?

On Wed, 19 Apr 1995, Greg Watson wrote:

> Sounds like you've ported almost all of our IBM SP2 environment to
> FreeBSD.   Just need to get LoadLeveler up and running and we can
> chuck out AIX! Whoopee!

    Oh *nice*... we have an 18-node SP-1 system which are due for a
$20 million upgrade this year (sit down, folks, that's New Taiwan $,
less than a million US$).  Just for fun, we worked out that the same
amount of money would buy almost 300 100-MHz Pentium number crunchers
(no graphics, no disk, FDDI, 16 megs).  All running FreeBSD of course.
;-)  Too bad the department didn't go for it.  ;-(
taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw <-- work ........ play --> taob@io.org