Date:      Fri, 27 Mar 1998 09:43:37 -0500
From:      "Pedro F. Giffuni" <giffunip@asme.org>
To:        Dag-Erling Coidan Smørgrav <dag-erli@ifi.uio.no>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: The popularity meter [Fwd: Re: Suggested OS]

Hmm..I know I proposed FreeBSD in that list but is it really worth the
effort adding those exact terms in our pages?
I wouldn't trust someone that classifies operating systems in Beavis &
ButtHead terms!

OTOH many people in the FreeBSD lists tend to say Linux is great simply
because it's free, while we do a better job in most fronts. This
attitude of not disserning publically which is the technically superior
solution only tends to create more fanatism around Linux and more stupid
meters that don't prove anything.

All this is, of course, IMHO :-).

	Pedro.