Date:      Wed, 12 Mar 1997 23:46:22 -0500 (EST)
From:      James FitzGibbon <james@nexis.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org, hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Poscript on an Brother HL760 ?

Greetings;

I'd appreciate hearing from anyone who has had any luck getting postcript
output working on a Brother HL-760 printer.

I can get plain text to output, but postcript (run through the hpif
example from section 7.6 of the handbook) never prints.  The printer's
data light, which is supposed to indicate data being received and/or
processed, just blinks in a one-on/one-off pattern.

I've tried hitting the panel button to induce a formfed without success.
I've tried removing a paralell port ZIP drive that was daisy chained, and
changing my printer port from ECP to EPP in the BIOS.

Printing works fine in Win95/NT.

Suggestions are appreciated.

--
j.