Date:      Sat, 24 May 1997 11:39:44 +0000 ()
From:      Robert Heron <rh@mtl.pl>
To:        Jack Wenger <info@bentreality.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Clients per Bandwidth

On Fri, 23 May 1997, Jack Wenger wrote:

> I'm trying to figure out how many virtual domains to put on a 128 ISDN
> connected box. I've got a P133 w/ 64Mb ram, and a good fast SCSI subsystem.
> So, is there a decent way to figure out when I need to move up the bandwidth
> ladder?
> In other words, I wanna know how many concurrent requests I can handle. We
> DON'T have anyone dialing in, just hosting web sites.

I have P133 w/ 128MB, Wide SCSI and 1Mb Link. This system handles about
40 domains, 35 WWW virtual servers, over 200 users, public FTP server and
9 dial in lines with PPP - and it works pretty good with FreeBSD 2.1.7.
I think, that in your case the only limitation may be the 128 ISDN link.
Hardware should work good for even up-to 100 WWW virtual servers if you don't
have other services and your WWW sites are not so overloaded like
www.micro$oft.com or www.winsite.com :-)

Robert