Date:      Fri, 23 Mar 2001 14:25:06 -0700
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@scsiguy.com>
To:        "Brett G. Lemoine" <bl@incyte.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ahc - Invalidating pack

>> This looks like a device issue.  From what the controller can tell,
>> the jaz drive never re-selects us after taking a command and disconnecting.
>
>I had the same errors on my root drive (SEAGATE ST318404LW) too, I
>just didn't get to capture it.

I was only able to come to that conclusion by looking at all of
the debugging output.  It is hard to say that your problem was
the same without having the full diagnostic output.

>> You might be able to figure that out with a PCI bus analyzer and
>> a SCSI bus analyzer.
>
>Well those are two items I've never seen, much less owned or know how to
>use.  Any suggestions on where I should go from here?  Any way to get
>additional information that might better pin down where the fault lies?

If you can spare the system for a bit, you could ship it here
and I could try to figure out what is wrong with it.  I have both
a PCI bus analyzer and a SCSI bus analyzer.  Since the parity errors
seem to coincide with sound output, I'm pretty sure that this is
just broken hardware.

--
Justin