Date:      Sun, 13 Sep 1998 11:36:21 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@plutotech.com>
To:        Jos.Backus@nl.origin-it.com (Jos Backus)
Cc:        hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Buslogic/Mylex HAs

Jos Backus wrote...
> On Fri, Sep 11, 1998 at 07:31:32PM -0400, spork wrote:
> > Not to sound too redundant but how stable is the -stable cam?
>
> Random data point: a -stable system (cvsupped a few days after 2.2.7 was
> released) with the -stable CAM patch applied crashes reliably at the end of a
> cdrecord session with a ``freeing busy pages'' panic :-(

That's not good.  Did you send anything to the SCSI list about this?  I
don't remember seeing anything said about it.

I've seen panics on -stable and -current with cdda2wav; they seem to be
related to shared memory usage.  It'll probably take someone more familiar
with the VM system to sort them out, though.  The problem doesn't seem to
be directly attributable to CAM, but it my be exacerbated by CAM.

It looks like cdrecord uses shared memory as well, so the panic may be
similar.  Can you send me a stack trace?

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry
ken@plutotech.com