Date:      Wed, 21 Dec 2005 09:53:21 -0800
From:      "Loren M. Lang" <lorenl@alzatex.com>
To:        Sean <rsh.lists@comcast.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IDE recomendations.

--UnaWdueM1EBWVRzC

On Mon, Dec 12, 2005 at 09:24:48AM -0500, Sean wrote:
> I want to try and find some time to start to start beating on some code=
=20
> again, it has been many years since, and wanted to ask for some=20
> recommendations on an IDE package.
>=20
> In the past I just used a text editor, but want something more.
> Right now I been looking over XEmacs, but wanted some other input.
>=20
> What are others using here and why?

Vim is my IDE.  It support syntax highlighting, word completion, tags
(useful for quickly jumping to a function), software version control,
support for integrating with build system and jumping to the line of
code that generated the error, and integration with various debuggers.

Some of this functionality is improved/added by the vim plugins I use.

>=20
>=20
> 			Thanks
> 			Sean
rg"
>=20

--=20
I sense much NT in you.
NT leads to Bluescreen.
Bluescreen leads to downtime.
Downtime leads to suffering.
NT is the path to the darkside.
Powerful Unix is.

Fingerprint: CEE1 AAE2 F66C 59B5 34CA  C415 6D35 E847 0118 A3D2
=20

--UnaWdueM1EBWVRzC

--UnaWdueM1EBWVRzC--