Date:      Fri, 02 May 2003 20:02:13 +0000
From:      "clayton rollins" <crollins666@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Apache problem

>on Fri, 2 May 2003 11:12:58 "David Lubowa" <ziggy@one2net.co.ug> wrote:
>
>i know that was ..just looking at other options !!
>
>cheers
>
>david
>

> >on Thursday, May 01, 2003 4:55 PM Darren Pilgrim [dmp@pantherdragon.org]
>wrote
> >
> >"David Lubowa" <ziggy@one2net.co.ug> wrote:
> >

> > >quick work around, can you start httpd on console i.e
>/usr/local/sbin/httpd
> > >& ? if so you could write a simple shell script to start apache, rather
>than
> > >relying on the shell script that is there by default.
> >
> >The proper way to start apache is `apachectl start`.
> >
> > >From: Nucking Futs
> > >
> > >It appears this might be a known issue, where might i go to find the
> > >official solution.  I tried adding ' " and ; and it either gave me
>other
> > >errors or made no difference.  I don't understand how to write code.
> > >Thanks

>system. Apache
>error
>the
>Have I done
>what I can

>and
>have to

Hi all,

To test your configuration file, run a 'apachectl configtest'. it'll test
the syntax for you.

Since you probably do have an error in there somewhere, I'll also point out
that httpd.conf has a format different from most other config files. (Lines
following comment lines are counted as comment lines. see the notes in the
file for more info.)

As a side note, the only thing I had to change was the 'document root' and
it was good to go.

Good luck,
Clayton