Date:      Sat, 27 Oct 2001 14:23:38 -0700
From:      Jordan Hubbard <jkh@winston.freebsd.org>
To:        Josef Karthauser <joe@tao.org.uk>
Cc:        The Anarcat <anarcat@anarcat.dyndns.org>, "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon@nitro.dk>, Eric Melville <eric@FreeBSD.ORG>, binup@FreeBSD.ORG, libh@FreeBSD.ORG, Alexander Langer <alex@big.endian.de>
Subject:   Re: current project steps

> It sounds to me that libh has its fingers in too many pies.  It's not a
> clean API; and should be split into several, or rely on others.

Hmmm.  What was it someone said a few days ago about not presuming to
dictact to others without also being willing to do the work or being,
at a minimum, intimately familiar with the subject material? :-)

Sit down, Joe, and let the libh people do what they need to do.  You
can critique it once it's a) finished or b) you start to make enough
of a credible contribution yourself that can argue your architectural
views from the standpoint of working code.

Sorry if this seems a bit harsh, but the libh folks have been making
great progress lately, after a long period of being completely
stalled-out, and this is NOT the time for the peanut gallery to start
piping up with steering corrections from the back seat unless it's
also willing to walk up to the front and start rowing.

- Jordan