Date:      Mon, 07 Dec 2015 13:27:37 +0800
From:      Ernie Luzar <luzar722@gmail.com>
To:        kpneal@pobox.com
Cc:        spellberg_robert <emailrob@emailrob.com>,  freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: release schedule , nines and tens

kpneal@pobox.com wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 07, 2015 at 12:05:00AM +0000, spellberg_robert wrote:
>> a]  does anyone know if decisions have been made regarding :
>>
>>        0]  is  9.3 to be the last of the nines or
>>              is there a plan to release a  9.4 ?
>>
>>        1]  is 10.3 to be the last of the  tens or
>>              is there a plan to release a 10.4 ?
>>
>> b]  if  so , what are those decisions ?
>>
>> c]  if not , is there a known or an estimated date for
>>        the making of the above_described decisions ?
>
> There's probably a better place to ask than this list. Try a the stable
> list. Worst case use the email address on this page:
> https://www.freebsd.org/releases/10.3R/schedule.html
>
>>    [ 10.2 was an emergency install that , probably ,
>>        will not survive the release of 10.3
>>    ] .
>
> I'm running 10.2 and I'm waiting to see if it survives a month without
> crashing. I've got my 9.3-p14 filesystem ready to fall back on if I need
> to. The list traffic I've seen regarding 10.2 does make me a little nervous.
> It'll probably be fine, but, just in case...

I have been running 10.2 386 since it was first released with 20+ jails
without any crashes. Been rock hard for me using jail.conf.

I have no plans to go to 10.3, plan to go to 11.0 because the legacy
rc.conf method of jail definition is suppose to be removed all together
leaving only the new jail.conf method of jail definition which is far
more flexible.