Date:      Mon, 12 Jul 1999 18:09:18 -0400 (EDT)
From:      ba793@cleveland.Freenet.Edu (Hamid Dastkar)
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pgp 2.6.3i question

Reply to message from hk@thuer.slf.uunet.de of Mon, 12 Jul

>Hi,
>
>because I didn't found a binary packages for pgp I've installed
>the sources and compiled them.
>I got a working binary with the output

>Version: 2.6.3ia
>
>iQCVAwUBN4oYJpFBolYbWt15AQFAS......
>
>The version number 2.6.3ia is different from my Debian Linux where
>I get only Version: 2.6.3i.
>Any ideas what's the difference between 2.6.3ia and 2.3.6i ?

I don't know what the differences are, but
along with the source code, aren't there any files (e.g. README,
diff.src, ...) that would somehow mention the differences between
i and ia for FreeBSD/Linux or your platform)?
Maybe you can diff between the source code for i (if handy) and ia for
the real differences.  How about the PGP web site www.pgp.com if helpful?