Date:      Fri, 14 Feb 2003 22:45:07 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Adam Migus" <adam@migus.org>
To:        <scottl@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        <current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: 5-STABLE Roadmap

<quote who="Scott Long">
>  - Benchmarks and performance testing - Having a source of
> reliable and
>    useful benchmarks is essential to identifying performance
> problems and guarding against performance regressions.  A
> 'performance team' that is made up of people and resources
> for formulating, developing, and executing benchmark tests
> should be put into place soon.
>    Comparisons should be made against both FreeBSD 4.x and
> Linux 2.4.x. Tests to consider are:
>     - the classic 'worldstone'
>     - webstone - /usr/ports/www/webstone
>     - Fstress - http://www.cs.duke.edu/ari/fstress
>     - ApacheBench - /usr/ports/www/p5-ApacheBench
>     - netperf - /usr/ports/benchmarks/netperf

I don't wanna argue about which benchmark is better I just wanna
sign up for the team.  I do performance testing for the
TrustedBSD Project.  I have employer supplied hardware and time
slated to perf testing.  While I can't get paid to test non
TrustedBSD testing, I can use the hardware (on my own time) to
test.  I'm more than happy to do that.

--
Adam Migus - Research Scientist
Network Associates Laboratories (http://www.nailabs.com)