Date:      Fri, 10 Jan 2003 11:12:39 +0200
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
To:        Matthew Gardiner <matgarnz@iprimus.com.au>
Cc:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@FreeBSD.org>, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Updated Mozilla ports

--BOKacYhQ+x31HxR3

On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 06:57:49PM +1100, Matthew Gardiner wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-01-10 at 06:40, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> > I have completed updates to all the Mozilla ports.  Until 5.0-RELEASE
> > comes out, diffs can be downloaded from
> > http://www.marcuscom.com/downloads/freeze/.  Please send email to
> > freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org if you run into any problems with the
> > updates.  Thanks.
> >=20
> > Joe
>=20
> Interesting. I downloaded the Xft patch, applied it, now Xft doesn't
> compile for some reason.  It isn't important anyway as the standard Xft
> works just fine.
>=20
> As for the patches, when does one expect them into the mainstream, that
> is, via cvsup? and has Mozilla 1.2.1 made it into FreeBSD 5.0?

I believe Joe already answered that :)  'Until 5.0-RELEASE comes out...'
When the ports tree was first tagged for 5.0-RELEASE on January 3rd, the
portmgr team announced a partial thaw, but asked that large and
important collections of ports not be updated until 5.0-RELEASE is
*really* out.  Apparently Joe considers Mozilla and the related ports to
be such large and important collections, especially if the Mozilla
update depends on updates to various other Gtk and GNOME ports - in the
thaw announcement, the portmgr team explicitly mentioned KDE and GNOME
as examples of groups of ports that should not really be updated unless
absolutely necessary.

So... unfortunately, it seems that Mozilla-1.2.1 does not have much
chance of making it into 5.0-RELEASE, but it will be available very
shortly afterwards.

Of course, take all of this with a big lump of salt: I am not on either
the portmgr or the freebsd-gnome teams, merely expressing my reading of
Joe's and portmgr's announcements :)

G'luck,
Peter

--=20
Peter Pentchev	roam@ringlet.net	roam@FreeBSD.org
This sentence contradicts itself - or rather - well, no, actually it doesn'=
t!

--BOKacYhQ+x31HxR3

--BOKacYhQ+x31HxR3--