Date:      Tue, 7 Mar 2000 22:42:52 -0600 (CST)
From:      Kris Kirby <kris@hiwaay.net>
To:        David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Great American Gas Out

On Tue, 7 Mar 2000, David Kelly wrote:

> If it all was so simple as, "Adding oxygenate is like adding more air"
> then all we'd have to do is turbocharge our engines. Or run the mixture
> leaner. But the lean mixture results in more oxides of nitrogen...

I'm almost suprised that no one has touched on the point that adding more
oxygen to gasoline is only going to make for a more dangerous product. "If
only we hadn't added O2 to this gas, little Ashley/Billy would still be
alive today..."

I bet in uncontrolled reactions it's more powerful.
<kris@nospam.hiwaay.net>    |